Tuesday, December 27, 2011

sneaking some tea & cupcakes

happy holidays! i've had the most lovely few weeks, christmas was perfect, we attended church in the morning, i played a few piano pieces and an organ accompaniment for the congregation, then we came home and did our gift exchanging. it was a sweet, simple day. i didn't take a single picture, i just enjoyed the day. i might regret it years from now, but i really loved being a part of the family, not the one behind the camera. we did take a family photo for our christmas letter, so i have something from this christmas :) i'll post it later this week. we've not done a whole lot this vacation, but on a whim, we went to see the nutcracker a few nights before christmas and that was a treat. we had fabulous seats, purely on accident. i'm on the colorado ballet's mailing list and got an email about $11 tickets today only, at the box office. so we cancelled plans and drove downtown. to get four seats together put us in the mezzanine box, so we got to see the orchestra and be very close to the stage. we'd gone a couple of years before and i wasn't itching to go back, but the kids kept saying how they'd like to go again. i have to admit, this time was a lot more fun, we think it's because of the seats. now i'm just enjoying having the family home and schedule free (mostly).  

tomorrow is cocoa daisy's january reveal and i've got some sneaks to share.
the january kit, tea & cupcakes is soooooo very nice to scrap with. the colors are really happy, almost springy, but a little deeper and warmer, perfect for the grey january chill. there's lots of sassafras and basic grey in this kit, and that's all i need to be a happy scrapper. christine also put together an "embellishments only" kit which allowed me to add maya road and crate to the mix. i love embellishment only kits, i worked with one when i guest designed for kenner road and found myself going back it to so many times. i'm excited that christine is bringing them to cocoa daisy! i hope they do well so i can keep getting them :) selfish, i know.







well, there you are, and i'm off to bed!

11 comments:

Suz said...

These sneaks look fab Emily! Can't wait to see full reveal! Happy to read you had a lovely Christmas!
Take care you.
Suz

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! This looks so fun!!!

Sherry C said...

Pretty, love the mosaic!

jamie long said...

That kit looks so fun! An embellishment only kit and a stamp sub, I think she is a smart girl. I took alot of pics at my parents on Christmas eve but I only took one at home on Christmas morning.

Sarah said...

I love the fun colors in that kit! And I didn't take a single Christmas day photo, either! I figure I have enough from the rest of the season and it was nice to just hang out and not worry about it! :)

g said...

You brought me some happy this morning. :)

g

Michelle Hernandez said...

Looks amazing! Love the color I'm seeing in these sneaks. Can't wait to see the full kit and your pages!!!

Denise said...

love what you did with the kit this month Emily. So glad your Christmas was wonderful. enjoy the rest of your week.

Keshet said...

I love the concept of embellishment only kits! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Margrethe said...

Loving these sneaks :)

Kim Strother said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. I'm so glad you wanted to check out our counterfeit kits. I have to tell you I really love the Cocoa Daisy Janurary kit. I might just be counterfeiting that one all by myself!